Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A house of order

This morning I put into action what I have been prompted to do for over a month now... NO MORE MOVIES!! Being a stay-at-home mother is wonderful, and I LOVE my kids, but seriously, sticking in a movie and having a little ME time has been one of my favorite things to do for quite a while now. The down-side to all this movie watching is that my kids learn to say, do and act in ways that I have not approved... and they already learn enough bad habits from me. It seems that all the Disney movies have scenes with fighting and name calling- 2 things that I have been trying to get my kids to stop doing. This morning I officially took the TV out of their room and spent the day keeping them engaged in multiple activities. We played with playdough, read books, did puzzles, and even had a little snack-time like they do in nursury. We also had baths and a little mommy preschool where Alyse learned the letter "F" and Grant learned to recognize and draw a circle.My kids are fast asleep now, thoroughly worn out and I feel good about the time we spent together. This parenting thing is HARD STUFF. I didn't get a whole lot of time to myself this morning, but I feel good about my efforts, and I know that the Lord is pleased. This is my little success for the day and I feel pretty good about it.

1 comment:

Josh and Tiff said...

This sounds like a big success for the day! I am sure they loved it. About the time we started school I stopped the movies for quite time. It is amazing the thing they keep themselves occupied with. Truly inspired, good work!