Friday, August 19, 2011

Family Update

Well, it really has been too long since I have written or posted anything on here. We have been enjoying our summer- the kids have loved riding bikes and trips to the park and playdates with their friends. We finally got Alyse potty trained, and Grant is on his way to being potty trained as well, which is really great since we are expecting baby # 3 in February! We are 15 weeks pregnant, so we will find out the gender next month!! We are very excited!! I wish I could post some pictures, but I dont have a camera with a cord to transfer pics... Hopefully soon that will be remedied.

We also planted a garden this summer that has kept us pretty busy as well... We have 3 zucchini plants and 2 crooked neck squash plants(WAY TOO MUCH!!), green beans, snap peas, carrots, chives, beets, jalepenos, a red papper plant, and TOMATOES!! Everything has been producing really well, I have already canned 23 jars of green beans from our own garden and I have another batch I am getting ready to can next week!! I have used the zucchini to make 10+ loaves of zuccini bread, stir-fry's and my favorite- zucchini soup!! We have been so blessed and we are grateful for the bounty we have enjoyed!


2 comments:

Brittany Alyse said...

Wow--I love reading the stats from your garden! You have really been busy and you have lots to show for it!
This is going to look weird--I'm commenting while being logged in as YOU! But I was just heading over to update my blog and so I was already logged in as you, and it's such a pain to re-log-in all the time.

Yea-you need to ask Santa for a camera for Christmas!
Love ya!
- yo Momma

Albright said...

I'm so jealous of your garden! How awesome that it's growing so well! Can't wait to find out what you are having! I can't believe you are going to have 3 kids! It's so crazy how fast our kids are growing up!