Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fabric Dollhouse!!

I wanted to make something for our kids this Christmas that wouldn't cost alot of money. I saw these cute fabric dollhouses online and used fabric I already had (and a little felt from Porters), I am VERY excited to share the pictures. I think it turned out better than I thought it would!! :) YAY!! Next Project is making a fabric barn for Grant!! :)

Fabric I used:

A few scraps from a blanket I am making Grant
 
 A little diaper cover (for under a dress)
 A shirt I got out of my closet (never liked it anyways)
 
ALMOST finished!!
Can you point out where I used these fabrics?? So fun!!
 Inside view
 
Finished!!

I put a little "Happy Birthday" theme on the inside!! Alyse is going to LOVE this!!


Upclose view of the path and flowers!


 
I will post pictures of the BARN next!1 On a side note- We watched a movie called "Sweet Land" tonight... SOOO GOOD! Cute movie to watch for a date night!

3 comments:

Me and My Boys said...

That is sooo cute! Well done. I bet Alyse is going to LOVE it!

Albright said...

Very cute and sooo thrifty using fabric you already had! I hope you post all the projects you do for Christmas!

Cathryn said...

That is so great! I love that you used fabrics you already had, especially the shirt you didn't like anyway! Perfect pattern for wallpaper. The appliqued flowers are so sweet too! Looks like quiet fun for church!